Sunday, September 14, 2014

Using Pinterest For Inspiration

I went to  one of my Pinterest boards this morning for inspiration. I knew I wanted to draw something in church today.





















I loved this image, it is actually a quilt and not a painting. It's called the Ravens of Angel Crest by Thom Atkins. Isn't it gorgeous.





















For my version I separated the birds, made the trees a little less developed, added birds to the second tree and added a mountain.  I like my little drawing, it was fun to make. I find Pinterest is fun for collecting images but its also great to use all that collecting for something. I think I may use this image again in the future. Maybe elaborate on the image, or tackle the idea in acrylic, or even on canvas. Or even make the one tree recede further into the background, or make the bird bigger and more of a focal point. There are lots of different things you can do with an initial idea to make it your own.

Linking to Sunday Sketches today.

How do you use images for inspiration? Tell me in the comments.

Kate

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, your inspired by piece is lovely! I love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is all yours and not a direct copy of something else. That's how I use Pinterest, too. I love getting inspiration from there...maybe a color combination or a shape of something will spark an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Kate. I LOVE using Pinterest for inspiration. I don't know what I'd do (or my hubby), if it didn't exist! lol Great job. Very well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.