Monday, August 11, 2014

Simple Play In My Journal




















These two pages were started by using Panpastels and stencils. In this one, I then outlined the feathers and painted around the background.  Then I stamped other feathers on the page. So what else could go on here but a bird.




















On this page panpastels were used to make the oval shapes.I first outlined them in black and then decided to paint the whole background with black gesso. I think it makes them look like a stained glass window behind her.




















These two pages were created in a different journal.  I started out with paint on this page but it was so ugly I pulled out the stencils and spray ink and kept layering until I had a very detailed background. All this talk about rooted came from Lisa Sonora Beam's 30 day journal project which I am participating in. Its been fabulous.




















I sprayed ink on this page too, I pulled the image from a day planner I use. It was such a peaceful image and she looked well with the colors on the page.  I printed the words on my printer and then added soft pastel to tone down the white of the paper. So I'll ask you the same question.

What does tending your roots look like to you?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful journal pages, Kate. I still haven't tried pan pastels. They're on my list but I always seem to need/want something else and they get by-passed.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.