Monday, November 18, 2013

Summerl Naturally Leads to Autumn and Winter

Yesterday I posted a study I did for an art class I am taking.  The next step was to paint over the first paper.  This time to use color and marks that evoke summer to me.















Summer often has blue skies and stormy skies, green grass and yellow fields and lots of flowers.



For Autumn I started with a new piece of paper. I began by laying down a wash of red and yellow before adding any other colors.  Swirly skies, leaves in the wind, that's Autumn to me.














For Winter I painted over the the autumn colors with a lot of white and gray.  Winter can have intense blue skies but also dark grey ones and of course lots of snow. This entire process was a fun one.

Linking to Art Every Day Month

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.