Monday, November 25, 2013

Studying Under The Masters




















This little bird came out of this multi-layered background.  It was paint scrapings from a couple different palette's. So it started with acrylics but I uses Neocolor II WC crayons and gelatos on top with no water added.  I am linking to Art Every Day Month for this art journal page.

Studying Under The Masters

This past weekend I found out about this class being offered in January.  It feels like a great companion to what I have been learning in Pauline Agnew's class.




















Join nine artists as we become the “apprentice”. We will share how we became a modern-day apprentice to those who came before us and those who work beside us now. Through discussion and technique videos, each artist will share their week with a “master” as if they are sitting next to them. You’ll learn who their “master” artist studied under, who influenced their work and what techniques and mediums they used.

*This is a nine week course.
*Over 60 discussion and technique videos. 
*Supply lists, prompts, book suggestions
*Weekly live chats 
*Course material will be available for one full year

The Instructors
Katie Kendrick, Stephanie Lee, Kate Thompson, Christy Tomlinson, Junelle Jacobsen, Danielle Donaldson, Teresa Sheeley, Jenny Wentworth, and Jeanne Oliver♥


To sign up for the class you can go to Jenny Wentworth's blog. There is a sign up button in her sidebar.  There is a pre sale going  on now so get in on the sale price of 48.00. I know the work of several of the artists but not all of them. I think it just might be an amazing course, so I signed up. It will be fun to start the year with this amazing class.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I love the layers on your art journal page. I have an affinity for birds, also... so it especially speaks to me.

    The course sounds intriguing, too. I want to expand my abilities a lot in 2014... am thinking about it! Glad to find you via #aedm2013 today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! thank you for sharing.

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate...oh no....not another class? This one may be too good to pass up. I love that little bird up there!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.