Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three More Pages Make The Chakra Journal Complete

I finished up with that last 3 chakras so Ive now done all seven. I enjoyed making this journal.  It helped deepen my understanding of the 7 chakras. I knew a lot about them before but when you are focusing on them individually new insights often occur. I apologize for the images, I tried photos and scanning but none of them looked very true to life.  The colors are more vibrant.




















For the 5th chakra I used lots of blues. The elephant makes another appearance.  Its such a strong symbol. The element for this chakra is sound so I add a musical stamp to symbolize that.




















For the 6th chakra I used faber-castell Big brush markers for the purple shades. I filled in the background with PanPastel and the owl was rendered with Derwent Graphitint pencils. The owl is the animal for this chakra.




















The seventh chakra Sahasrara or the crown chakra finishes out this journey I've been on. I used PanPastels for the symbols and all the other words were either stamped or created with markers. In addition to words associated with this chakra I added my own impressions.  I find putting in my own personal words gives it meaning beyond the traditional.

Do you ever have a journal dedicated to one thing? Or are your journals a combination? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea Kate. I should try it for a better Chakra understanding. I never did quite get it, or study it. Nice what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these chakra pages!

    Most of my journals are just random things. I've never made one that was dedicated to one subject but your chakra journal is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.