Thursday, September 6, 2012

Writing Thursday and Face # 5




















I spent the day at a cafe working on writing and drew my 5th face for the month.  She was created with charcoal pencils. It is amazing that when you draw in public, no one looks at what you or doing or asks about it.  I always do so I see an artist so I am amazed that no one ever asks me when I am working on a drawing.

At the cafe I was looking for a new name for my main character.  She is a celtic archer and the name Zia no longer fit her. After looking at many name sites I still don't have any idea.  So I moved on to other things and did some research on the Mongolian step region. Did you know gray wolves live there? No wonder I was picking it as a location, since a gray wolf is character in the story. I also watched a video on making a map for your story.  That was fun and seems so simple to do. Its one of the things on my list to do.

4 comments:

  1. I love catching up with you, Kate. For some reason, I am always drawn to faces myself; many of my doodles end up being faces in trees, mountains...any kind of landscape. You work makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I actually make a map for my story, I'm having Sarah do it. Her last map was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketch. I too, was drawing in public today. I was standing right in the middle of the sidewalk. People were going out of their way to go around me and only one person mentioned anything about what I was working on. Interesting. I wonder why that is. Do they not want to be nosy? Too busy with their own lives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!
    Good for you...
    Great job catching up, Kate. :]
    Love your sketch, her hair looks thick and luscious.
    Keep them faces coming! ~xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.