Monday, September 17, 2012

More Faces for 29 Faces September Challenge





















We have been challenged by the organizer  of this challenge to mix it up, go small or big, use new materials, jump out of the box.  I had already done some of that but decided to go small with face no. 15. I created the tag background with gelatos and drew the face with Pitt brush markers. She was fun but simple.



















Then I decided to take the tag and make it into a journal page. I used some of Tim Holts tissue paper tape. I love how you can paint right over it and still see the words. Its fun stuff.



















I had painted a number of tags, this one is face 16. I used Tim Holtz distress stain on the background and sketched her with charcoal pencil. She was fun and there were more tags already decorated so I kept going.



















That was way too much orange, for one blog post so here is another tag with a face. The background is made with Distress Stain, she was drawn with india ink and then painted with golden fluids, I also used pitt brush pens for eyes and lips. It was interesting painting with ink, I had bever done that before. I will be trying that again soon.




















For this last face of this post I went big. She is painted on 18 x 24 Mixed Media paper using Liquitex Basics Acrylics and stamping and Oil pastels. I  think I liked the portrait before I added all the stamping, oh well that is the way it is sometimes.  I am really enjoying this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. More fun faces! I like how you're doing faces in different styles and with lots of supplies. I can see you're having fun with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.