Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Writing Wednesdays

Work in Progress  this week.

I finished Nail Your Novel and I really liked it.  The author Roz  Morris also writes a blog of the same name. Nail Your Novel The posts are interesting and informative, if you are writing I highly recommend it.

There is a lot of basic information that I already knew in this book but it is also full of techniques on how to start editing an abandoned manuscript. She shares her plans and techniques from the very beginning to getting a novel published.  Its a great resource. I read it on my Kindle but I don't think I would do that again. I like thumbing through pages and the ability to go back and reference areas. That seems to be easier to do in a print book. I do realize I could add notes and bookmarks on my kindle but I still think a print book is easier.


I also realized I have this book on my kindle too.  I got it for really cheap when a promotion was going on, but never got around to reading it.

Its written by Randy Ingersmanson, whose claim to fame is the Snowflake method. He has an amazing newsletter that he also puts out that I have been reading for several years. So far it is really an easy read and seems very informative.

I am continuing to study about characters and emotion from the Write Great Fiction Series of books. Next on my list is this book on developing a good villain.

I spent way too much time on Pinterest today adding more pics to my work in progress board.  I find Pinterest to be a lot of fun but time consuming too. If you are on Pinterest you can follow me here.

I spent some time in the studio today but I haven't gotten any pictures to show. It felt to be working on art again.  I will have something to share next time.

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile about Pinterest...I spend way too much time on there. And I also use Clipix, too. Both are eaters of time.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.