Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Layers

I am having surgery in the morning, so there is not much art or anything else to share. I haven't felt well most of the week so all I have to share is a couple works in progress.



















This is a 12 X 12 canvas that I worked on today. I wanted to do something in reds and oranges but this is mostly orange now.  I haven't a clue what will happen next but it is a start.  First layers include heavy bodied acrylic paints and stamping.















This is also 12 X 12 but its a wood panel. I started working on this in Katie Kendrick's class. The board was heavily textures with molding paste and then just sat.  I threw some heavy bodied acrylic paint on it the other day. There will be many more layers on this one. Sometimes I feel like pieces need to lay around for awhile and then I get inspired to work on them.  I have been wanting to move out of the art journal and start working on canvas and other substrates, so it feels good tio finally be doing that.

I hope you are all having a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping you in my thoughts today and hope all goes good for you with the surgery.

    The paintings both have a good start and beautiful colors. I know you'll do something wonderful with both of them when you feel better...and I hope that's soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.