Friday, October 21, 2011

Sketching a character




















I don't have much of a blog post today.  Its been a very busy week.  I am doing a series of sketches of some characters in a novel that I am revising.  This is the first of a series. She is not exactly what I envisioned but I will keep working at it.

I have done very little work in the wax class other than make paints and medium. I am hoping for some studio time soon.

We had our Nanowrimo kickoff tonight and the response was amazing. 40 people showed up and the library had put us in this tiny room. It was fine but crowded and great to be with all these wonderful writers.  I am looking forward to the frenzy of November.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This sketch is very interesting. I like the symbols on her face.

    You're going to be busy with the wax class and then Nanowrimo coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sketch, Kate...I have a thing for spirals in any shape. Quite effective!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.