Monday, October 17, 2011




















I have been working on this cardboard book that I started in Katie Kendrik's class.  In her sample she used mica to cover the cut out window but I didn't have any of that.  So I found some plastic and I think it works just as well.




















I put this scrapbook paper on the inside cover. I will be adding something to it later on.




















There are only 3-4 pages in this journal.  This page was textured and stamped.  Images were embellished with charcoal.




















On this page I found this plastic silhouette and when I put it over my painted cardboard I thought the tear I had made in the cardboard looked like her spine.  How fun is that. I really wanted to have this journal finished by today but alas life doesn't always work as you planned.












Today this class started. I think it will be the first on line class I have taken that I really know nothing about.  I became intrigued with encaustic in Katie's class and really wanted to learn more about it. So here came the perfect opportunity.  So it looks like I'll put the cardboard book away for awhile an play with wax.

5 comments:

  1. Fun little book! I love the cover rocks and the spine was definitely a cool happening.
    Have lots of waxy fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful journal!
    Love textured projects... a real "see, touch, and feel" book. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the rocks just seems to pull you into the book, and the spine page is great.Don't you love when things happen like that?

    Have lots of fun with the wax class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardboard book is very cool and I love the "spine". That is BRILLIANT! I can't wait to see what you learn from Judy's encaustic class on paper (or whatever surface you use for encaustics, clueless here). I'm sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journal page with the woman's silhouette looks amazing. I wanted to let you know that the zine arrived in the mail yesterday! Thank you for sharing that with me in the giveaway. I will be posting a blog entry about my "winnings" later today!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.