Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Sketches













This is my drawing for Sunday Sketches. It was drawn in a moleskine watercolor journal. I started it a week ago and finished it up today. I used Pitt artist pens in black and grey. It is from a drawing I did of a raven previoiusly. I just traced the image, added details and then all the patterns. I think with the rings around his eyes he looks sort of fierce.

To see what other sketchers are doing go on over to Blue Chair Diary and check them out.

14 comments:

  1. He does look fierce but he's such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so strong and imposing! What a bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, very cool with all of the details. Nice job. have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Kate,
    your raven is awesome, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super raven. Really cool details and designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes he does look fierce, but also in control. He's the boss raven I am sure.

    Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great sketch. I like the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My God! cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I am loving the patterns here! Great sketch!

    smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice job, Kate. I wish I had the patience to do this style of art. I see alot of gals doing this, but I'm lucky to accomplish just a simple sketch! hee hee Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, oh, oh! I cannot express how thrilled and inspired I am to see this piece! Crow has been in my life and on my mind and to combine the form with zen doodling? Bliss!

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool... I like it.
    Your doodling is great.
    This bird has got something on his mind, just haven't figured it out yet?! :]

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.