Friday, April 8, 2011

Pajama Party Weekend

















Woke up to a couple inches of snow, again.  Its really beginning to be a pattern.  My spinning friends from Salt Lake City are coming for the weekend. I went shopping and decided to make my world famous Spaghetti Sauce for Saturdays dinner.  I usually just pop a frozen lasagna in the oven but felt like something different this time.

I have some other local friends coming, we usually just combine what everyone brings and that makes our meals.  Shirley will bring great bagels with her, CJ perhaps a salad or a pot of soup and then I supply the  main dish which this year will be spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. There will be other munchies along the way. We always make Amy stop and bring some Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream for those late night cravings.  Sometimes we stay in our pj's all day but its not mandatory.  We'll spin yarns, knit on projects, laugh, eat, watch movies, eat, spin some more, eat some more, maybe take a trip to a yarn shop, eat, and so on.  Its always a fun weekend and the time slips by so fast.

My friend Janet just posted this and it is so good I had to pass it on. Its long but read the whole thing it is full of wisdom on the creative life.  Here is the link

I'll be back posting on Monday, have a great weekend

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend Kate!! Enjoy -- time spent with friends, doing things you love and being in your pjs...just one of lives gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time with all your friends, food, and entertainment! I love the pjs in the photo too. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a super time with your pajama friends!
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous, what a wonderful fun thing to do, I wish you belly laughs, great chat, big smiles, great food, and that everyone stays in the PJ's...Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.