Monday, January 10, 2011

It's war and a few paint and passes

When my friends were here from Salt Lake I discovered some yarn had been destroyed by mice.  They were not anything that important.  Just left overs from projects.  I had thought oh I am going to have to put all my yarn in storage.  I have it in wire crates so that I can see it all.  I just brushed off the damage to a couple isolated cases.  Then I found this.


This is what one of the fair Isle gloves I got in Scotland looked like.  That is a gaping hole on the side of the glove.




So I went out and got these containers. I have been putting all the yarn in these nice storage drawers. Its a lot of work to do this but I figured I had no choice


Remember when I was doing those paint and pass canvasses.  Well they are still making their rounds. They are pretty full so it was hard to find a space to put anything.  I have three to share today.



This one was my friend Sioux's.  I ended up adding the zentangle marks in the border.



This one is my friend Gemma's I added the checkerboard and enhanced the flowers on the bird




This one is  Violette's,  i added the crow to the piece.  Its her totem so I really felt it had a place here. These were really fun to work on.  I think the artwork is amazing.




4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I love this! Your enhancements are beautiful too! Sorry about your wool project... good choice on the bins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame about your glove. Hopefully the plastic bins will do the trick and keep your yarn safe. I use those bins for everything in the studio.

    All the paint and pass art is so cool. You made some good additions to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reorgainzing art supplies is one of my least favorite things to do, but I always feel so good when its over. I like that you can still see the colors of the yarns in their new storage bins.

    The paint and passes look wonderful!
    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,
    I also saw Janet Keen's request to follow each other's blogs. I saw your post and checked out your blog. Very nice! I knit and spin and create mixed media work as well. I have not yet done any of Milliande's great sketchbook prompts, but hope to soon. Check out my blog at http://dreaminginorange.blogspot.com

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.