Thursday, August 12, 2010

A few more flags for the garden

Since I had my surgery I have gotten a few more flags that I thought I'd share with you.














This is Gari's and it feels wonderful. The fabrics are really great.  That is a goddess as you can tell, the two black  pieces symbolize Raven feathers.












This was done by my minister Lynn, with wishes of health and happiness.













My friend Celeste made this one and she used a runic alphabet for the symbols.  It says some wonderful things about health and good fortune.



I got a package from my friend Kim first there was this lovely card in her distinctive style,  I think its lovely.














She also sent this card which I really love. I truly do believe art is medicine for the soul. I love the way the artist captured this.















and here is the flag she sent. I just love it....

I am feeling a little better each day and did a little bit of art the other day which felt great, it wore me out but still I was happy I could do something.  I will show it soon.

I still have a long recovery ahead of me but I am seeing some progress so that is great.  I figured a way to be on the computer that isn't so taxing so little by little I will be back here more often.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful flags, Kate. That was a great idea to gather these for post-surgical support. I'm glad you're continuing to do better! "See" you more, soon :) Speedy healing and lots of quiet contemplation, Love, O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be in good spirit which will surely help you through your recovery.
    You have lovely flags and wonderful friends.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for all the Kate-Love and healing ! So good. I am glad you are progressing slowly and finding ways to make your time as full as possible. Sending big, big love, my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so happy to see you back here a little bit! I have been thinking about you and sending lots of love your way. Your new flags are AMAZING! I hope that you are enjoying them out in your garden. I can't wait to get together with you again. Keep getting better. Love, Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to see you back in the flow, kate :)
    the flags are wonderful, and their messages of love even more so!
    take each day gently xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you posting. The new flags are just gorgeous, and oh, that card from Kim! Sending you prayers and lots of healing energy.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.