Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Musings

I am loving my new clean studio. It really makes me want to work in there. I am trying hard to keep everything orderly and put things back where they belong once I am done using them.














 I tried something different with this page.  I have some walnut ink in spray form that I have never used so I tried it with some sequin waste and some stencils.  I left it overnight and it still did not dry completely.  I do not know if that was because it was over acrylic paint or if I had sprayed too much.  I thought I would use matte medium over the spots I thought were dry but they were not and  it smeared. I think I need to play with this a little more or even see if there is some  info on the net about it.  I really liked the look it gave me.














In this one I used a spray painted background and used this image that I thought was quite comical. It led me to thinking about the connection I have with art.  I really didn't think I would write about that.  Some times pages take you somewhere you had not intended to go. That is what I love about Art Journaling.










I was over at my friend Amy's house and saw the towels she was weaving and got inspired to get back to my loom. I am in the process of threading it but thought I would give you a sneak peak at the colors. These are going to be kitchen towels and I think they will be quite nice.

5 comments:

  1. Such interesting pages...I like the texture and the chosen photo of the top one.
    I like the humor in the second. I am finding it difficult to brings words to my pages in my latest attempt at art journal making. Maybe I should just do all the pages first and let the words be an after thought later on???

    How great that you also weave. What are the materials used here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the no rules thing is one of the best things about art journaling !
    I have heard that walnut ink sprays are not permanent, you may need a non water base sealer to keep them from running. Here is one site that sounded a little helpful :http://www.blockheadstamps.com/catalog/Ink/Walnut%20Ink/Walnut%20Ink
    But playing is a fun part of it too, isn't it ?
    Happy Weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that walnut color! Hope you can make it work. I need to learn to use my loom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what you wrote (too much ink, over acrylics) is exactly what happened. I have the same problem with any kind of water-based inks. My solution is to spray, then blot with a paper towel over the stencil. Sometimes it works :-) Your pages look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the photo pops out from the background on the first one. And yea, ink's not good over acrylics. It doesn't dry.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.