Thursday, February 25, 2010

Art Cards














I am happy to announce that I have added greeting cards to my etsy shoppe.  I have been working on this all week and really am amazed how long it has taken.  There really is a lot involved in getting something like this ready to sell.  The cards are handmade with white cardstock and photos I had printed at a photo developer.  This is one example but there are several more in the shoppe.

I got some bad news today that I find it hard to believe.  My beloved craft store Roberts which has been here since before I moved here seventeen years ago is closing. Its a corporate decision to downsize by closing 3 of their stores, 2 in Utah and one here in Idaho.  The only good thing is they may have some great sales in the next two months.  This is the store that feels like home to me, I know most of the clerks and feel very sorry that they'll be losing their jobs.

4 comments:

  1. good luck with your cards! they are lovely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls look good on their cards!
    Too bad about your shop... things change quickly in this world, don't they ?
    Happy Friday anyway !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks great! Terrific idea of putting them on greeting cards.

    It's so sad when smaller stores close because then we're left with only the bigger chain stores and more and more I find they have less and less of what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, you are always thinking...I love it! I am sorry to hear the store you love is going out of business. It seems to be happening more and more. I had a quilting store that was like a second home for many years clothes, it was hard.
    Have a great weekend, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.