Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finding my groove

I have been behind in the Gut art class so I have been trying to play catch up. These pieces are all results of my field trips in the class.













In this one I was encorporating a style, yes only part of the horse is supposed to be there.













The inspiration for this was some native american black and white pottery. I really liked working on her. I started with black gesso added the paper and then drew her on the page. It seemed to be too dark so I added the background at the end.














Finally got around to painting a Raven. The artist whose work I was encorporating used a lot of vertical lines so I added them to my background. I am pretty happy with this piece too. I am finding if I treat these experiments as pure play the work is easier and I feel better about it. I am so loving this class.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Kate, your groove is a good one ! I am loving the mood in these pieces and the bits of edge that you have added (ie the half horse, the vertical lines, the pottery reference). And I love the Raven very much !Stay in the groove, your Majesty. It suits you.

    (Ps. Thanks for the birdie order - The Royal Purple Bird will be winging its way to you very soon !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative with interesting backgrounds! I like them very much. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great work! Love the raven piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially love the raven, Kate. Gosh, remember a couple of years ago (was it that long?) when you were a bit nervous about stepping outside the box? Just look at you now, the Queen of Creativity all over the place! UGOGIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have found a wonderful way to use color. I like the Raven, heck, I like them all. Hope you are enjoying this lovely Fall. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving watch you take this class! I'm taking it next time around if she offers it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OVE them all I have been experimenting wiht Mystele's technique... I am taking her class next go 'round. THis is my favorite way to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! I think you've found your groove for sure. Love the one with the horse!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.